Water Conservation Tips In Greenville, SC
Making Your Energy Bills Cheaper By The Drip
When it comes to plumbing, both indoor and outdoor, there are multiple ways you can avoid unnecessary water loss and unexpected utility bills. You may not think “every little bit helps,” but we promise you, it does. Little steps like turning off the water as your brush your teeth or wash the dishes will conserve water and reduce your bills so that you can see a huge difference in what you’re paying.
Because we want you to call us for your every plumbing need—hey, we’re open 24/7/364, why wouldn’t you call us?—we want you to have the ability to save where you can. Below is a list of water conservation tips that help the interior and exterior of your home.
Interior Water Conservation Tips
- Turn off the water when you brush your teeth, and you can save 8 gallons per day.
- Shorten your showers by one or two minutes, and you can save 5 gallons per day, per shower.
- Have a leaky faucet? Fix it ASAP and you will be saving 20 gallons per day.
- Try to wash only full loads of laundry so you can save 15 to 50 gallons per load.
- If your budget allows for it, replace old toilets with High Efficiency Toilets (HET).
- An Energy Star-approved clothes washer will help conserve more energy than your older model washing machine.
- Use your water meter to check for hidden water leaks.
- NEVER use your toilet as a wastebasket. Trashcans are your best friend when it comes to throwing away articles.
- Insulate your water pipes.
- Water-saving shower heads and low-flow faucet aerators help conserve water.
- It’s a best practice to run your dishwasher only in full loads.
- If you’re washing dishes by hand, don’t leave the water running for rinsing.
- Don’t let the sink or shower water run while you’re shaving.
- Store drinking water in the refrigerator. Don’t run the tap until it gets cold.
- Use the garbage disposal sparingly.
- Don’t use running water to thaw foods like meats and poultry.
Exterior Water Conservation Tips
If you're looking for more ways to conserve water, give Ken’s Plumbing in Greenville, SC a call. Our technicians can advise you on saving water in your home and talk you through low-flow toilets, faucets, shower heads and more. In fact, if you join our Diamond Club, not only do you receive benefits such as 10% off ALL Ken's Plumbing repairs and priority service, but we'll test your toilets for leaks for FREE if you need a repair or installation. We want you to get the best bang for your buck. Schedule a service with us today or call 864-242-5511 to reach us at the office.